Wednesday 27 March 2013

DAY 59: Where is Home?

In November 2011, I celebrated the launch of my second novel, Where is Home? – A journey of hilarious contrasts.  The overwhelming success of the book, particularly in Cyprus, inspired me to produce The Paul Lambis Comedy Shows. 
These performances proved to be a pivotal point in my career; I was privileged to stand up before live audiences and confess my story in a comical and truthful tone.  The entire experience was equally rewarding as a myriad of people began to share a part of their own history – identifying with similar stories as I worked my way through the various stages of life’s familiarities.

I was fortunate enough to meet several directors, all of which expressed an interest to develop the show further; be it a comedy slot, television series or even a movie, the overwhelming feedback proved to me that everyone shared a mutual quest: to find out where home truly was.

As humans, we exhibit a nomadic quality; our needs are constantly evolving, inspiring us to hunt for a better alternative – a destination that unveils a sense of security and self-fulfillment.  
My thoughts are endlessly toying with the idea of resettlement.  The angels seem to be transmitting their own messages, encouraging me to move to London.  Despite the economic tsunami whirling its way through the island of Cyprus, I remain optimistic over its long-term recovery. 
However, at this present moment I feel I have exhausted the dream of “a place in the sun,” yearning to return to a fast-paced world.  Some may consider it a “gap year,” or in my case a “gap decade,” but the truth that my years in Cyprus were as hardworking as those in South Africa, is certain. 

The extended lunch siestas and moments spent at the coffee boutiques tend to free up a portion of your day, allowing one to think.  It’s those thoughts which plague one’s mind to act on their dreams, whether feasible or not.  I’m not denying that the thought of relocating to London conjures up feelings of enthusiasm and rebirth, but realistically my emigration would also secure a way forward for my son’s education.

For the first time in twelve years, I find myself standing at a crossroad asking a familiar question: “Where is Home?”  Admittedly, I feel I have already answered the question, but I’m hoping the angels will transmit a clearer message – certainly one of reassurance.

Weight for me tomorrow. Paul

Paul Lambis is the author of “Where is Home?” – A journey of hilarious contrasts.  For more information on Paul Lambis, and to order his book online,
visit www.paul-lambis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment