Sunday 10 March 2013

DAY 42: Walk for Life

One of the benefits of living on the “island of love,” is the splendid fact that the coast is a short drive away.  In fact, most people who visit my home on the outskirts of Pafos, express envy as their eyes lock onto my panoramic view of the town and sea.

I’ve been patiently waiting for the warm Mediterranean sun to grace us with its presence, marking the start of spring.  The swimming pool is showing small hints of winter – the odd rust-coloured leaves floating along the surface, as the light showers of the cold season embrace the water, waving goodbye.
Both my wife and son are wonderful swimmers, and the pool in the summer becomes a central meeting place after an exhausting day at work. 

Our morning started off early – untypical of our normal Sunday lie-ins. We all bounced energetically out of comfort zones, omitting the swimming pool (due to the chilling weather), and headed off to the coast to greet the day as an active and exercise-driven family.  My son continued to ride his bike as my wife and I followed the path from the lighthouse reaching the medieval castle on the opposite end. 
It was a glorious time to reflect on the beauty of our wonderful island, at the same time expressing an immense gratitude that we were all together. 

Our stimulating venture encouraged a new outlook on life; motivational, inspiring and refreshing.  My emotional cries of joy inspired a re-birth, summoning the salt of the sea within my lungs, exploring a forgotten ocean of happiness.  Amidst the madness brought on by life’s struggles, I was able to unleash an explosion of positive energy, identifying a new, carefree world – one that made life worth living.

We’ve decided to repeat our new discovery; my wife and son are eager to acquire that same spout of energy received from our morning walk, and I am equally overjoyed at the possibility of changing my attitude and losing weight through my new walk for life.

Weight for me tomorrow. Paul

Paul Lambis is the author of “Where is Home?” – A journey of hilarious contrasts.  For more information on Paul Lambis, and to order his book online,
visit www.paul-lambis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment