Thursday 14 March 2013

DAY 46: Good News

Most of my readers will acknowledge (through my blog) that I have been waiting for that special moment which will modify my course in history.  I’m a firm believer that every one of us – irrespective of colour, religion, sexual orientation, political beliefs – is destined for great things.  

I embraced my morning with good news; a cloud of white smoke announced that a new pope was appointed to lead the faithful, the BBC aired a programme on Oscar Pistorius –highlighting the disastrous crime rate in South Africa, the bathroom scale reflected my loss of ten kilograms, and a phone call from an accredited individual offered me the opportunity of a lifetime…

As much as I would like to share my rainbow of optimistic news, I have been asked to uphold a vow of silence until such time when I can demonstrate my operatic gift in public.

On the opposite side of the fence, I’ve noticed that the infamous 89-year-old Robert Mugabe is appealing to the youth, ahead of the country’s elections.  The younger generation feel that Mugabe’s long-winded speeches and empty promises have reached a stalemate; a new game plan is long overdue.

Justin Bieber’s recent erratic behaviour exposes him as an arrogant, spoiled menace whose iconic status seriously needs to be re-evaluated.  The Canadian pop star’s string of antics could signal that the singer is falling victim to the pressures of fame. The constant praise and a lack of realistic self-reflection can often lead celebrities to disconnect with reality, including knowing how to behave, according to psychologists and others in the entertainment business.  Someone throw him a lifebuoy…

The afternoon’s agenda includes an indefinite relaxation period on the couch.  Prior to that, I’m considering an energetic walk by the harbour, a low-fat Starbucks coffee, and a possible meeting with friends.  It’s exactly one week today from my birthday, and the last year before I close four decades on this planet.  Here’s to making it count…

Weight for me tomorrow. Paul

Paul Lambis is the author of “Where is Home?” – A journey of hilarious contrasts.  For more information on Paul Lambis, and to order his book online,
visit www.paul-lambis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment