Tuesday 5 February 2013

DAY 9: Kings vs Coffee

I kick-started the second week of my diet with a bowl of wheat cornflakes and a generous serving of skimmed milk.  Seated in front of the television and absorbed by my thoughts, a flashing stream of letters (moving across the screen) caught my attention: “Richard III’s skeleton found in London parking lot.”

Intrigued, I raised the volume with my remote and continued to follow the story.  After 500 years, the remains of England’s last Plantagenet king were finally unearthed.  Simultaneously on another channel, scientists were confirming that green coffee bean extract was the solution to any dieter’s curse.  Seated in my living room, I found myself at a crossroad between History and Science.

Needless to say, I gave King Richard the time off (not that he needed it), and followed the story of the coffee bean.
What has the media and the scientific community so excited about the green coffee bean extract is that people don’t have to do anything different when taking this food supplement; no need for exercise – they don’t even have to follow a strict diet, yet they appear to lose a considerable amount of weight.

I’ve decided to spend most of my afternoon researching the product.  If it’s possible to unearth and confirm (through DNA) the remains of a lost English king, then surely science could develop a magic potion that can transform my anomalous body into a work of art?

And, there’s another incentive: Green coffee bean extract has become one of the most searched products online. It's mostly available in pill form, but Starbucks has added it as part of a new line of low-calorie drinks, which are being promoted as a “boost of natural energy.”

Guess where I’m going?

Weight for me tomorrow. Paul



Paul Lambis is the author of “Where is Home?” – A journey of hilarious contrasts.  
For more information on Paul Lambis, and to order his book online, visit www.paul-lambis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment