Monday 18 February 2013

DAY 22: Cliff-hangers

I’m officially a walking zombie.  I’ve spent most of the day walking around the house as an extra for The Walking Dead.  Another visit this morning to the doctor confirmed an additional course of antibiotics, a translucent syrup (which is supposed to relieve the coughing symptoms), and a series of inhalers aimed at alleviating the shortness of breath.
I’m hoping that this new ‘recipe’ will see me through the night, and grant me uninterrupted rest.

Despite the fiddly evening of coughing fits, I woke up feeling lighter – two kilos to be exact.  Turning in the night before, I took a few deep breathes, simultaneously thinking about all the cliff-hangers and unanswered questions which have occupied my thoughts the last two days.

  1. Regrettably, Cyprus has entered a second round of voting, extending the presidential elections saga for another week.  I’m hoping that the outcome will be favourable.
  2. The television was echoing sounds from the Vatican, reminding us that a new Pope is at hand.
  3. Reeva Steenkamp – Oscar Pistorius’ deceased girlfriend, will be buried tomorrow – approximately the same time as Oscar takes the stand, and pleads for his life.
  4. Kate Middleton refuses to announce the sex of her baby, so royal enthusiasts will have to wait until the summer.  There is a slight hint that it might be a girl following the Queen’s latest decree that the eldest child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, irrespective of gender, will be entitled to the throne.
  5. My novel, “Where is Home? – A Journey of Hilarious Contrasts” is being considered for a possible television series, so I’m hanging onto the hope that this will materialise.

I’ve decided to turn in early for the night.  I’ve just finished watching the latest episodes of Dallas and Revenge, and to be honest, the cliff-hangers have added to my stress levels.  My wife is on the prowl, and I’m concerned that the overdose of medication is diluting my thoughts, allowing me to commit to another house chore unknowingly.

Weight for me tomorrow. Paul

Paul Lambis is the author of “Where is Home?” – A journey of hilarious contrasts.  For more information on Paul Lambis, and to order his book online,
visit www.paul-lambis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment