Monday 1 April 2013

DAY 64: Back to the Future

It’s been a challenging weekend trying to adapt to a new time change; our clocks have been set one hour ahead, in preparation for the upcoming season.  My family and I spent the day at home, scattered in all four corners, preoccupied with our own activity. Cyprus was faced with another public holiday, but I treated my Monday as a normal working day, answering emails and working through an endless list of deadlines.

But time seems to be racing ahead into the future, ignoring our please for relaxation.  I’ve realised that my restricted time before tomorrow beckons, allows me the opportunity to watch one of my favourite television shows before retiring to my chamber with a book and coconut macaroon.
It’s not an “April Fool’s” joke, but my recent visit to the local supermarket introduced me to a wonderful section of organic products and healthy treats; the coconut macaroons resting near the yoghurt-covered rice cakes were an absolute triumph with the family, encouraging my wife to visit the store tomorrow and replenish our cupboard with enough stock for the week ahead.

On a final note, I have ensured that the fridge is bursting with a selection of ripe fruits and vegetables as I embark on the second stage of my diet; admittedly, the public holidays and the economic crisis have not encouraged my temperament to meet a stringent eating programme, but I have promised myself that tomorrow will be the perfect time to readdress the challenge.

The house is finally free from the temptations of crisps and sodas, and the absence of homemade cookies and cakes is evident from the empty tins, stored at the back of the cupboard.  Tomorrow is another day, and I’m ready to meet a slimmer version of myself, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Weight for me tomorrow. Paul

Paul Lambis is the author of “Where is Home?” – A journey of hilarious contrasts. 
For more information on Paul Lambis, and to order his book online,
visit www.paul-lambis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment