Monday 20 May 2013

DAY 112: Paul vs the Volcano

Last week was probably one of the most mindboggling weeks of my life; a mountain of challenges and a stadium of hurdles.  Every problem was met with an obstructed path as I searched frantically for the solutions. 
As the plethora of problems began to mount, I found myself shivering from exhaustion knowing that my volcano was on the verge of eruption.

The weekend had finally made its way as I opted for a well-deserved, hassle-free session on the couch.  Banishing my wife and son from the confines of our home, I decided to meditate on my pending issues, hoping that the temporary silence would generate its own solutions.  Thankfully, this form of therapy proved constructive as I quickly emerged from my coma of self-pity, and put an end to all things trivial.

In an instant, a sudden burst of energy resurfaced as I greeted (although slightly delayed) the first part of my weekend.  Surrounding myself with all things positive, I found myself abstaining from the nasty temptations of comfort food; the summer heat initiated rivers of water into my body with generous doses of healthy salads and grilled proteins. 

Although I had originally planned to boycott the Eurovision final, I found myself waiting patiently for Koza Mostra to perform their “Alcohol is free” number.  Prior to that, I sent the band a message on Facebook wishing them everything of the best.  Surprisingly enough, I received a personal response to my email, and a five minute conversation ensued as I willingly shared my newly-acquired wealth of positive energy. I’m hoping my wishes played a small part in their success.

A wise friend advised me on Friday afternoon to take deep breaths whenever a problem surfaced.  As I took three steps back, I miraculously observed how irrelevant my problems had become, and despite my fear of parading on the beach this summer flaunting my obscurities, I feel more determined to lose weight and finally make it on the cover of a popular magazine. 
My volcano erupted, and after an emotional flow of tears, I rose to the challenge of building myself up again. 

After all, after the ashes, one will rise.  

Weight for me tomorrow. Paul

Paul Lambis is the author of “Where is Home?” – A journey of hilarious contrasts. 
For more information on Paul Lambis, and to order his book online,
visit www.paul-lambis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment